A few things about this soap and how I found it best to use it.
- It does make a mess, it's brown in colour and will leave brown soap trails everywhere, not really a ... view moreproblem, but extra cleanup in the sink is needed
- I use the bloom option, I put a thin layer of water on the soap while I shower, it's a firmer soap and loves the bloom to wake it up. It needs water when lathering, it's a thirsty soap as many artisanal ones are.
- It's slick on the face, will definitely protect you even when using something like a R41.
- The scent is a 7/10 in strenght but does not match the aftershave. The scent is almost identical to Big Red chewing gum. It's spicy and very cinnamon-y with a hint of vanilla on the finish.
- for those younger DE shavers that don't want the 'barbershop smell.. this is for you.
Would definitely use it again, but might try another scent to feel the full range. view less