The Stray Whisker is proud to present our very own hand cut alum block.
There are numerous well know benefits to using an alum block:
• Natural astringent
• Antiseptic properties
• May be used as a stand-alone aftershave (rinse with cold water 30-40 seconds after application)
• Provides excellent feedback post-shave. Will "tell you" if your shave was on point!
• May be used prior to using an electric shaver
• Assists in congealing minor cuts and abrasions
• May assist in the treatment and management of acne
• Natural deodorant
I had an alum block years ago and had forgotten its virtues. I have tried it as a pre-shave for a Panasonic shaver and as an aftershave rub post wet-shave. It is effective in both ... view moremodes. Recommended. view less
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this alum block. The first thing I noticed was that it was so smooth. Definitely a nicer feel on my face than my previous alum block,... view more that died an early death when I dropped it and it shattered. It now gets used as an antiperspirant :)
Alum should be a part of every post-shave routine. This is a quality block at a good price. view less